In this week’s Villanova Basketball Report, with Bob Long, Kevin Long, and Kevin McClernand, we discuss Villanova’s recent struggles, including two losses in one week, to Penn, and to Kansas. We break down each of the defensive mishaps on a possession-by-possession basis in the second half of the Penn game, and highlight how badly Villanova guarded the high-ball and off-ball screens. We then did our V’s and O’s whiteboard segment, where Bob draws on the board exactly how and where Villanova got beaten defensively vs. Penn. We concluded with our trivia contest and Pick ‘Em Contest.
Articles in this series
- Villanova Basketball Report: Nova Back in Position to Win BIG EAST Regular Season Title
- Villanova Basketball Report - Nova Finally Loses a BIG EAST Game, Jermaine Samuels Finally Shoots the Basketball
- Villanova Basketball Report: Nova Still Unbeaten Halfway through BIG EAST Play, Marquette Looms
- Derek Gerberich (StatHouse Analytics) Full Interview
- Derek Gerberich (Stathouse Analytics) Interview
- Villanova Basketball Report: Is this Nova Team Here to Stay?
- Villanova Basketball Report: Nova back to the Drawing Board as Penn Pastes Nova Offensively
- Villanova Basketball Report: Nova Sweeps Temple and St. Joe's, but Penn and Kansas Await
- Villanova Basketball Report: Holy War Edition (Tony's Takes Joins the Show)
- Video: Villanova Basketball Report: Statement Bounceback Win for Nova at Advocare Invitational