In this week’s Villanova Basketball Report, with Bob Long, Kevin Long, and Kevin McClernand, we also bring on Tony Morelli of “Tony’s Takes,” a St. Joseph’s University-based radio show that focuses on Hawks basketball. We discussed the matchup this year, as well as some classic rivalry debates, such as the dynamics of the Big Five over the years, as well as the role of the Palestra in the Big Five (Start-30:20). We then went to the whiteboard to dissect the offensive and defensive schemes for each team, and how the opponent would seek to offset those (33:10–55:40). We then displayed the Top 5 players in each program’s history, with a Sixth Man off the bench and a Head Coach, and compared the two. And we closed with rivalry and program history and trivia (58:27-Finish). We thank Tony for coming on the show, and wish his Hawks the best of luck the rest of the season, after December 8th when the ‘Cats and the Hawks meet.
Articles in this series
- Villanova Basketball Report - Nova Finally Loses a BIG EAST Game, Jermaine Samuels Finally Shoots the Basketball
- Villanova Basketball Report: Nova Still Unbeaten Halfway through BIG EAST Play, Marquette Looms
- Derek Gerberich (StatHouse Analytics) Full Interview
- Derek Gerberich (Stathouse Analytics) Interview
- Villanova Basketball Report: Is this Nova Team Here to Stay?
- Villanova Basketball Report: Nova back to the Drawing Board as Penn Pastes Nova Offensively
- Villanova Basketball Report: Nova Sweeps Temple and St. Joe's, but Penn and Kansas Await
- Villanova Basketball Report: Holy War Edition (Tony's Takes Joins the Show)
- Video: Villanova Basketball Report: Statement Bounceback Win for Nova at Advocare Invitational