In this week’s Villanova Basketball Report, with Bob Long, Kevin Long, and Kevin McClernand, we discuss the first few weeks of the season and the transition from the four early departures from last year to a young, inexperienced team searching for an identity. In the “Opening Tip” we discuss the Advocare Invitational Championship, the role of key players such as Phil Booth, Eric Paschall, Colin Gillespie, and Cole Swider, among others, and the struggles for Jahvon Quinerly this far. Next was the “V’s and O’s” segment where Bob demonstrated on the whiteboard why the development of Cole Swider and Joe Cremo as sharpshooters on the outside to space the floor is a key for this team’s offensive style to succeed. We concluded the show with our weekly “Pick ‘Em” segment, drawn up by Kevin McClernand.
Articles in this series
- Villanova Basketball Report - Nova Finally Loses a BIG EAST Game, Jermaine Samuels Finally Shoots the Basketball
- Villanova Basketball Report: Nova Still Unbeaten Halfway through BIG EAST Play, Marquette Looms
- Derek Gerberich (StatHouse Analytics) Full Interview
- Derek Gerberich (Stathouse Analytics) Interview
- Villanova Basketball Report: Is this Nova Team Here to Stay?
- Villanova Basketball Report: Nova back to the Drawing Board as Penn Pastes Nova Offensively
- Villanova Basketball Report: Nova Sweeps Temple and St. Joe's, but Penn and Kansas Await
- Villanova Basketball Report: Holy War Edition (Tony's Takes Joins the Show)
- Video: Villanova Basketball Report: Statement Bounceback Win for Nova at Advocare Invitational