Shooting Guard, Duke University, 21 years old
Height: 6’5.5 Wingspan: 6’5.25 Weight: 196 lbs
College Stats: 19.5 ppg, 2.5 apg, 5.1 rpg, 0.8 spg, 1.6 topg
52.5% from 2, 43.8% from 3, 85.6% FT
- More than just a sharp-shooter offensively and can score in multiple ways.
- Really good at passing on drives and can draw extra defender via pump fakes.
- Is really good at what he does. He forced too many things at Duke because he was put in that position, but won’t need to be forced into those positions in NBA.
- Not great height or length.
- Extends opposite arm to create space. Many players get away with this in the NBA (Just watch Devin Booker play), but Kennard is very obvious due to his lack of athleticism.
- Can improve in transition finishing, especially after contact. Needs to build up strength.
Biggest Question: Can he become an elite 3 point shooter?
Projection: Not sure he will ever make an impact. Duke players haven’t had the best success in the NBA recently and he may be another example of this.