Small Forward, University of Kansas, 20 years old
Height: 6’8 Wingspan: 6’10 Weight: 203 lbs
College Stats: 16.3 ppg, 3 apg, 7.4 rpg, 1.7 spg, 2.8 topg
54.9% from 2, 37.8% from 3, 56.6% FT
- Can defend other team’s best player.
- Ability to post up small defenders and score.
- Relentless on defense and denies ball constantly.
- Capable of being a fantastic finisher, but he needs to be more consistent and take contact better
- Transition game. Grabs rebounds and goes. Good handles to lead the break.
- Shot mechanics are troublesome with a low release.
- Shot very well from 3 at the end of the year, but free throws suggest that it may have been a freak occurrence.
- Maybe too aggressive when attacking the rim and underestimates the defenders. Leaves his feet too soon in traffic occasionally.
Biggest Question: Will he change his shot and will it be effective?
Projection: Jackson will be the best defender from this draft class and possible a premier defender in the league. If he develop his shot, I think he can be a Kawhi type talent. He won’t be the shooter that Kawhi is, but defensive potential is there.