Center, Duke University, 19 years old
Height: 6’10.5 Wingspan: 7’3.25 Weight: 232 lbs
No Step Vertical: 27″ Max Vertical: 32.5″
College Stats: 3.9 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 0.7 topg, 0.7 bpg, 2.2 fpg
57.7% from 2, 50% FT
- Good shooting form and has potential of developing a 3 point shot
- Athleticism is good for his size
- Length, over 7’3 wingspan is good for shot blocking ability
- Good mixture of post moves and dribbling ability
- He was the #1 HS prospect for a reason
- Injuries! Will he stay healthy?
- Hasn’t had a lot of game action recently with knee surgeries and a rough year at Duke.
Biggest Question: Are his knees 100%, and will they stay that way?
Projection: Assuming his knees stay healthy, Giles will be the best big man in this draft. His grade is a little lower due to his injury concerns, but he is a perfect modern Center.